As staff of Actors’ Equity Association, we seek to live the values articulated in the preamble to our Constitution:
Actors’ Equity Association is a national labor union, founded for the purpose of negotiating strong agreements that protect the wages, hours and working conditions of its members; enforcing those agreements; organizing new work opportunities for professional stage managers and actors and pursuing appropriate legislation on matters affecting their profession. Actors’ Equity Association values diversity and inclusion and is aggressive and responsive in seeking equity for all its members. Furthermore, Actors’ Equity Association seeks to lead the industry as a voice for the values it has adopted.
The artists we serve come from all walks of life, and so do we. Actors’ Equity Association recognizes that we must hire and develop a team of diverse, growth-minded individuals to work alongside our members in upholding labor values. To attract the right people, we have established a package that models labor values and respects the innate dignity of work.
WHAT ARE OUR BENEFITS?
- A competitive compensation package
- A work environment that supports flexibility
- Exceptional Cigna Health, Dental and Vision benefits
- A defined benefit pension plan
- Pre-tax transit and FSA plans
- A 401K plan
- Union Plus membership (offering discounts, education and other perks)
- Mental health support through The Actors Fund
- Weekly meditation sessions
- Ongoing development opportunities (designed to help you consistently learn and achieve your career goals)
- An organization that is honestly engaged with the long-term work of building anti-racist culture
- That feeling knowing that you’ve helped support 51,000 Equity members
We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, color, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability, veteran status, socioeconomic status, marital status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and all characteristics protected by law. We are also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.