The following are the provisions pursuant to which decisions by the Joint Committee on Agents’ Commissions for payment of commissions by Actors under Chorus contracts will be made. These provisions assume that the submission, audition and negotiations were done in good faith. If there is adequate evidence of bad faith or misrepresentation, the application for commission may be denied. These provisions amend Rule A.
Under any of the following circumstances the full commission allowable will be paid: *
- If any Exclusive Management contract has been in effect, regardless of agent involvement.
- Actor signed to a contract for the season (three or more shows) with LORT theatre and is doing a majority of roles as Principal.
- Actor submitted for and auditions for Principal role and Actor is offered Chorus with understudy for that role.*
- Actor submitted and auditions for Principal role, gets role and Equity converts role to Chorus; provided that Equity has not previously determined the part to be Chorus.*
- The Actor is submitted and auditions for a principal role; the Actor does not get a principal or understudy role, but does get a chorus contract as a result of that audition. Under these circumstances, a commission is payable if the agent has obtained at least four prior auditions (excluding callbacks) for principal roles in Equity's jurisdiction for the actor in the preceding 12 months.*
- The actor is submitted and auditions for a role as understudy to a principal already cast; the actor does not get that role but is signed to a chorus contract as a result of that audition. Under these circumstances, a commission is payable if the agent has obtained at least four prior auditions (excluding callbacks) for principal roles in Equity’s jurisdiction for the actor in the preceding 12 months.*
*For items three through six marked by an asterisk, the same restrictions on allowability of commissions will apply to Chorus contracts as to Principal contracts with respect to renewal rules and duration of commission, except that commissions under these circumstances shall be limited to Production and LORT agreements.