Actors' Equity Association offers studio space for rent at our audition centers in New York City, Chicago and Los Angeles.Studios may be rented for:
- Equity auditions
- Invited auditions
for productions utilizing an Equity agreement or code. Studios are unavailable for open calls and other uses.
Each audition center meets all Equity Safe and Sanitary Standards and offers:
- A dedicated waiting room with ample seating for actors waiting to audition
- Sound attenuation in each studio
- Heating/air conditioning
- Password-protected Wi-Fi access
- Ample outlets and/or charging stations
- Gender-inclusive bathrooms (baby changing stations available in each NYC bathroom)
- Can be used for dramatic, singing, or dancing (no tap) auditions (due to its size, NYC’s Studio B can accommodate only a few dancers at one time)
- Private dressing rooms
- Features a well-tuned upright piano
- Has sprung wooden dance floors and high ceilings, with ballet barres and full-length mirrors opposite each other on the long walls
- Has two long tables and four chairs for casting personnel (additional chairs available as needed)
The New York City and Los Angeles audition centers also offer:
- Dance warm-up space with sprung floors, ballet barres, and full-length mirrors.
- Sound lock between waiting room and audition studio
- NYC Studios:
- Studio A - 35' x 23'
- Studio B - 27' x 16'
- Chicago studio: 40' x 22'
- Los Angeles: 34’ x 24’
Audition centers are available for rental Monday through Friday during Equity’s regular business hours.
- NYC: 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (unless closed for holidays)
- Chicago: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (unless closed for holidays)
- Los Angeles: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (unless closed for holidays)
How to Book
Book a studio at any of the three Equity Audition Centers by e-mailing email@example.com or by calling 212-869-8530 x302.
The New York City Audition Center is located on the 16th floor of the Equity Building at 165 West 46th Street, conveniently located in Manhattan’s Times Square theatre district. The Actors Federal Credit Union, as well as many agents, casting directors, theatre managements and other theatre businesspeople are in the building as well.
On days when one of the studios in the New York City audition center is vacant, Equity members may rent studio space by the hour for audition preparation only. Space must be reserved the day before it will be used and must be paid at the time of booking.
|NYC Studio A (35' x23')
|NYC Studio B (27'x16')
|Member Studio Rental (either studio)
NYC warm-up area:
NYC waiting area:
The Chicago Audition Center is located in the Actors' Equity Building Member Center at 557 West Randolph Street, conveniently located in the West Loop. The Actors Federal Credit Union is in the building as well.
|Chicago Studio (40' x22')
Chicago waiting area:
The Los Angeles Audition Center is located in Equity’s Western Regional Headquarters at 5636 Tujunga Avenue in the North Hollywood Arts District. The building is conveniently located near Metro bus and rail transit lines and easily accessible to the 101, 134 and 170 freeways. With its own entrance, the audition center offers free parking for audition personnel and is adjacent to a branch office of the Actors Federal Credit Union.
|Los Angeles Studio (34' x 24')
Los Angeles studio:
Los Angeles warm-up room:
Los Angeles waiting area: