AEA Logo


Member Portal


What should I do if my injury occurred in a different state from my permanent residence?

You should file the claim in the state in which your employer maintains the base of operations. Some states (notably C.T. and Calif., but others as well) permit insurance companies to require that all medical treatment take place in its state. If you are injured at a theatre located in a different state from your residence, check with the Workers' Comp Board of that state (or with the theatre's insurance company) about future medical treatment, before you leave that state. If you encounter problems, contact your local Equity office.


Workers Comp


Home | Members Only | About Equity | Member Benefits | Document Library
FAQ | News and Media | Membership Department | Contact

© 2018 . Actors' Equity Association. Terms of Use | Privacy